Ministry of National Defence
Information and Public Relations Directorate
No.67 - 07 March 2013
IAR 330 PUMA SOCAT - technical specifications
The IAR - 330 Puma SOCAT involved in the tragic event produced on March 7, 2013, is an attack helicopter that can be configured to execute MEDEVAC missions.
Power plant: two TURMO IV B turboprop engines, each of 1,400 HP.
- Length: 15m;
- Height: 4,6m;
- Wingspan: 3,38m.
- Main propeller diameter: 16,2m.
- Maximum takeoff weight: 7,400kg.
- a THL-20 mm caliber, turreled under fuselage gun;
- two side 7.62 mm caliber machine guns;
- external stores including X-5 antitank missiles, air-to-air missiles or reactive projectile blocks, UB-16-57, mounted on 4 beams.
- Maximum speed: 263km/h;
- Ceiling: 4800m;
- Maximum range: 550km.