Ministry of National Defence
Information and Public Relations Directorate
No.192 - 15 September 2015
Live field exercises conducted by the units participating in HISTRIA 15 Exercise
A series of live field exercises will be conducted in training areas and designated areas of operations through 15-18 September, as part of HISTRIA inter-institutional strategic-level exercise, as follows:
- on Wednesday, September 16, at 10.00, hrs., on Sfântu Gheorghe branch of Danube, near Mahmudia locality, Tulcea County- The Actions of the Riverine Amphibious Tactical Group for neutralising the opponent airborne forces.
- on Wednesday, September 16, at 13.30 hrs., in Dud-Tauț Training Area, Arad County- Live-Firing Exercises of the infantry company.
- on Wednesday, September 16, at 15.30 hrs., in Jegălia Training Area, Călărași County- Providing logistic support to own forces.
- on Thursday, September17, at 15.30 hrs., in the military berth of Constanța Harbour- Combined action of the Ministry of National Defence and Ministry of Interior personnel and equipment with a view to managing a crisis situation; the action of the Special Operation Forces for the evacuation of a threatened embassy.
- on Thursday, September17, at 15.30 hrs., in Smârdan Training Area, Galați County- Conducting defensive military actions.
- on Thursday, September17, at 15.30 hrs., in Vărsătura Training Area, Brăila County- Using corps engineer assets in support of river-crossing operations.
- on Thursday, September17, at 17.30 hrs., in Babadag Training Area, Tulcea County– Live-fire joint tactical exercise for defending intermediate defensive lines.
- on Friday, September18, at 11.00 hrs., in Cincu Training Area, Brașov County- Conducting defensive operations in order to limit the opponent forces’ movement across the national territory.