The Information and Public Relations Directorate is the specialized structure of the Ministry of national Defence in conducting, organizing and managing the information and public relations activity, at peace, in crisis situations and at war.
The field of competency of the Information and Public Relations Directorate:
- Organizing and conducting public information at Defence Ministry level and coordinating public information in the Ministry of National Defence
- Leading central military media
- Organizing and coordinating training in information and public realtions for military personnel
- Monitoring internal and international media
- Developing, maintaining and updating the website of the Ministry of National Defence
- Ensuring free access to public information according to the provisions of Law 544/2001 and later updates.
Public Information ensures
The release of a timely and accurate flow of public information to the target audiences of the Ministry of National Defence.
Internal Information ensures
The efficient communication between commanders and military and civil personnel of the Ministry of National Defence and their families.
Community Relations programs are meant to help the Ministry of National Defence interact with communities that host or are close to military units.