MoND Policy on Social Media
1. Information presented on this website is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified.
2. Privacy Act Statement - If you choose to provide us with personal information - like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses - we will only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. The website www.mapn.ro never collects information for commercial marketing. While you must provide an e-mail address or postal address for a response other than those generated automatically in response to questions or comments that you may submit, we recommend that you NOT include any other personal information, especially Social Security numbers. The Social Security Administration offers additional guidance on sharing your Social Security number.
3. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
4. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction.
5. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and will be punished in accordance with the laws in force.
6. If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the MoND official email address email@example.com.
2. Use of Measurement and Customization Technology
Cookies are enabled by default to optimize website functionality and customize user experience. Users can choose not to accept the use of these cookies by changing the settings on their local computer's web browser. The website provides general instructions on how to opt out of cookies and other commonly used web measurement and customization technologies. Opting out of cookies still permits users to access comparable information and services; however, it may take longer to navigate or interact with the website if a user is required to fill out certain information repeatedly.
3. Use of Third-party Websites and Applications
Third-party websites and applications that are not owned, operated, or controlled by the Ministry of National Defense are integral to Internet-based operations and used to augment official communication. These capabilities include networking services, media sharing services, wikis and data mashups. These sites may collect PII and may make it available to the Public Relations Directorate and other users, with their previous accept. However, the PII is not collected on behalf of, nor is it provided specifically for the Public Relations Directorate. The Ministry of National Defense does not harvest and additionally collect, maintain, share or otherwise use such PII for any purpose other than that for which it is made available to all users.
Comments and other user-generated responses are welcome and encouraged for all Public Relations Directorate social media sites. User-generated content appearing on our sites is not edited or posted by us; however, these are moderated forums and all submissions will be reviewed for appropriateness before posting. We will delete or decline to post content that contains:
- Sexual content
- Overly graphic, disturbing or offensive material
- Vulgar or abusive language
- Hate speech or offensive language targeting any specific demographic
- Personal attacks of any kind
- Other tendentious links or links that may spread viruses to the users’ PCs
- Promotions for commercial products or services.
In cases where it is not possible to review content before it is posted, the review will be made as soon as possible after the content appears.
5. External Links
The appearance of external hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the Ministry of National Defense of the linked web sites, or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) sites, the Public Relations Directorate does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations.
All links are provided consistent with the mission of the Public Relations Directorate and Defense Public Relations Activity.
The inclusion of external links and references in user-generated content does not imply any endorsement by the Ministry of National Defense. Additionally, communications made through this forum in no way constitute an official notice or comment to the Ministry of National Defense or any of its employee or officials.
This forum is intended to encourage familiarity of the domestic and foreign public with the Ministry of National Defense activities and events. We welcome productive participation from all visitors.